Friday, September 25, 2009

Shaleen and Daljeet to marry in December


TV actors Shaleen Bhanot and Daljit Kaur are getting ready for their Punjabi-style wedding, which will take place this December in Jabalpur.

Bride-to-be Daljit Kaur tells us, “Yes, it’s true that we’re both finally getting married. This is the most memorable event of my life which I will never forget. I don’t want to disclose the wedding date but I can tell you that it’ll take place in the first half of December. It is going to be grand with an engagement, sangeet and mehndi. We are excited and nervous.”

The wedding will take place in Jabalpur as it is a central location for both of them. “Most of my relatives are from Punjab and his too live in Jabalpur and nearby. We had earlier thought of marrying in Pune but changed the venue after much discussion.”

Daljit adds, “I will be leaving for Pune on October 8 because it’s my official maayka and I want to invite my friends and prepare for the wedding. My designer Bhavna has already started working on my wedding outfit, which I want to be traditional with a modern touch; she is roaming all over India to get it right. Her boutique is in Juhu and she has also designed outfits in films like Gadar – Ek Prem Katha and Legend of Bhagat Singh.”

The actress plans to continue working after marriage. “His parents have no objection to serials but my shooting timings needs to be adjusted because after marriage your priorities change. I want to become the perfect bride in Shaleen’s family, and I am happy that I have such good in-laws and a good life partner.

The couple hasn’t decided on the honeymoon spot yet. “There are lots of places so we just have to choose one. I don’t want Shaleen to extend his leave from shooting so we may go a month after our wedding. I would love to go to a cold place.”

No comments:

Post a Comment