Friday, September 18, 2009

Khatron Ke Khiladi level 2--Nauheed Cyrusi

‘I wanted to change my image’ 
Nauheed Cyrusi made it quite far in Khatron Ke Khiladi level 2, and was one of th
e final six contestants.

Though the other girls on the show claim there wasn’t much bitching or plotting going on, Nauheed Cyrusi says she initially felt like she was being targeted because she and her partner ended up doing most of the stunts first. “This was a big disadvantage, because when you go in the middle or towards the end, you have seen others performing the stunt, which gives you some confidence.” She adds, “Initially, for most of the stunts, my partner and I were being sent first and it started getting to me; I started to think I was being targeted. After some time, the issue was resolved as the other girls started going first.”

The model-actress says she is quite adventurous, unlike the goody-goody image she has. “You don’t get too many opportunities like this. Everyone thought I was delicate and wouldn’t be able to perform the stunts, so I wanted to change that perception about me. Convincing my family was the only issue but they also agreed.”

What was the most difficult stunt to do? “The stunt on a plane really scared me. I had to walk from one wing of the plane to the other, with the help of a rope. I wasn’t sure I would be able to take control of the situation. I had first thought it wouldn’t be that difficult but the wind made it tough to hold. I thought I was going to lose my balance when the plane was thousands of feet in the sky. I was petrified.”

Like her co-contestants, Nauheed too is all praise for host Akshay Kumar. “Akshay is stunning; he is fit, physically and mentally. I had heard that he was fabulous, and after being with him on the show, I am convinced there could be no better host than him. He’s also witty and approachable off-screen. He gave us all funny weird nicknames – I was Nani, Carol was Kaushalya, Shonali was Shastriji, and so on.”

No comments:

Post a Comment